Friday, November 30, 2007

Today is the day

Yes, we survived the rehearsal practice, it went much better than last year, but still full of energy, itchy kids and light and sound challenges. But we are ready to go at 7 pm (4 pm eastern time) and I can't wait for it to be over and done and a success.

Today when I weighed myself I was just 2 pounds from my goal, I have lost 14 pounds and love the feeling in my clothes. Finally all my Emma weight is behind me and if I keep it up only 6 pounds more and I am down to my pre-pregnancy weight. It really has surprised me that I could do this.

One other thing. The family that has the dog Ginger that we called our own for a few months is not sure they want to keep him - they are moving- and asked if we want him back. Boy, I just don't know, he is quite nervous and I am afraid that this back and forth business will not have helped. The kids miss him, though so we are praying about it... They are also planning on sending their kids here starting in January and another family is moving onto the base and will send their kids and care for this family's kids. One of the families is with TEAM the other is with a camping ministry. It is exciting to see how we are spreading our wings and accepting more people and having a bigger part in helping the Gospel go forth here in Brazil. I will have 2 new students in my English class, that should keep me busy. I have 7 research papers to grade this weekend, and that is plenty, now I will have nine of everything to grade, wow, it is getting busy that is for sure!!! These additions will also be good for Laney has there will now be two girls here close to her age, she will really like that, and I think it will be good for her. Gone are the days that her only friend was Lucas, but he is still her favorite.

No comments: