Friday, November 9, 2007

This and that

Wow, It has been a while since I sent out an update. I guess being sick for a week counts as a good reason. I could feel it hit last Thursday as I finished up my last class substituting for a teacher who was traveling. Now finally I would only have my classes to teach, and Wham I got hit with a bad cold. But I am feeling good now and glad to have my mornings free after nine and then only a class a day in the afternoon or evening.
I finally braved the costume closet and dug out what I would need for my play. There are still a couple things I need to find, but most of what I needed was right in the one chest marked Bible costumes. Thanks to the work put in over the summer it was not as unpleasant as I thought it would be.
I am almost done with all my Christmas cards. I really love making them. It is hard to decide which is my favorite, I usually make 4 or so different designs, I must say that the last one I made is edging into the lead.

We are done with cooking in home ec ( now that it isn't a hundred degrees out) and we are on to sewing basics. We spent this week just learning the basic hand sewing stitches and the seams on the machine. Now we are going to make a bag. I found a simple pattern at http://www.morsbags.com/ Click on Make one for the pattern. I think the girls will enjoy this simple but productive project. I love my bag, and actually found some great fabrics at our local fabric store.


Now I am on to quilting. I forgot how much I love putting together small quilt projects. I made a simple runner for the table, and just need to quilt it now.

I am also dreaming of my next project. I found this in a book my friend had, it is a snowflake quilt. Oh, I can't wait to dive into that one!!!
It has been quite cool and rainy. If the sun peeks out it warms up a bit, but we are definitely into the full rainy season. It is nice, and makes Christmas prep fun. I am ready to decorate!!! We have a Thanksgiving dinner here on the land with all the folks (about 82 people this year) next Thursday (15th is a national holiday). We don't get the actual Thanksgiving day off, but I plan on making a scaled down version of our Thanksgiving dinner at least on the official day. So after that, we usually start to get into the fun of the Christmas season.

No comments: