Saturday, September 15, 2007

sacrifices

Yes, there are days when I am so tired of being far away from my friends and family. My friend and I often cry on each others shoulders as we share our homesick thoughts. I think the hardest part of our lives is saying good-byes to loved ones.
So as I was reading in a beautiful devotional book by Jill Brisco this week, I came to a thought she was sharing about how her life has always been full of good-byes. She is crying on her Savior's shoulders and he is listening to her, then as our Lord so often does, he just quickly puts our thoughts into a proper perspective.
He shares with her how much he hates to say good-bye, too. How so many people come to his door. He opens the door and meets another one of his precious creations, then he has to say to them depart from me I never knew you.
What a precious reminder to me that I have just a moment in time here on this earth to make a difference, and all of eternity to be with my Savior and my loved ones. Don't you hate it when you want to have a pity party and God won't let you??
I heard something the other day. A preacher was sharing and he said if Jesus had never died on the cross would your daily life make any sense? You know it is a weird thought, but it keeps going around in my head. My life makes absolutely no sense if you take Jesus out of the equation. Why else would I leave the country I love and my friends and family and life down here?? Would your day to day life be any different or make just as much sense if you took the reality of Christ's death on the cross out of it??

1 comment:

NoCal Mom said...

I love this post. I had to come to this realization over the past few years. God told me the same thing He told you and I periodically have to go back over it (instead of having a pity party for myself). I am on a mission field away from my family...even though my Gram is getting deeper into Alzheimer's and is across the country, I can rest in the fact that she loves Christ and even if she doesn't remember me or the fact that I have any children, I'll meet her again in heaven some day and our relationship will be renewed. Thank you, Lord!